Save money and water when you buy landscaping products.
Now is the time to prepare your yard for Austin’s long hot summer. By using a combination of mulch, compost and aerating your lawn, you will be prepared for what the long hot days of summer can do to your yard. These techniques will ensure that water stays on your yard, reducing the need for supplemental irrigation.
DilloDirt™ made by the City of Austin is an acceptable form of compost on the application materials. Visit www.austintexas.gov/dillodirt for list of vendors.
- Compost – 1.5 cubic yards or 40 cubic feet–rebate $30
- Mulch – 3 cubic yards or 80 cubic feet–rebate $40
- Core aeration service for entire front and/or back lawn area (equipment rental is acceptable) —rebate $50
- The rebate for doing all three —$180 ($60 bonus)
How it works
- Take photos of the completed work. Turn in application, receipts and photos.
- Buy the drought survival tools listed on the application. Keep the receipts.
- Install the drought survival tools for your yard.